Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Queensway, London.

It has been 8 years since I graduated - and since I came back from London. I have only been back there once since my graduation - thanks to CELCOM when I won a little contest to watch Manchester United vs Chelsea at Old Trafford. Anyways, I was in London for a good 2 years, and I would say... after awhile, I was very familiar with most of Zone 1 in London already - good enough to be a local tour guide LOL.

Sometimes I think back - and I am like... wahh I really miss London a lot. How I wish I could go back there for a week or so just to check out and update myself.. hehe... I could, but finding the time for it is always a hassle...

Then I discovered Google Streetview. =) Google Streetview... is just so awesome. Let me re-introduce a bit of London - especially where I stayed... to all of you.

I used to stay along Queensway. You'll be surprised that there are actually 3 London Underground tube stations within this road - and 2 on the road itself!!! This is Queensway Station by the way - for the Central Line. I actually dont take this line so much cos I dont really go to places on this street - Oxford Street is closer to me by bus than the Central Line. Those who studied at LSE / Kings College would use this station more.

Mandarin Kitchen Seafood Restaurant. Back then, I would come here... probably once in 6 months to have its famous 'long har meen'. (lobster noodles!!!!) ...mmm yummmzzz...

This is how the street looks like.

Just across it is Royal China Restaurant - this is where me and the gang would have our monthly dim sum sessions. =) I love their dim sum here to bits lorrr...

The Queensway Market - the place that I head to for fixing my PC/laptop or getting some cheap deals... note: even their cheap deals here is probably double the price of what you can get at Lowyat.

Just further down is HSBC - where I put my money at back then.

Then there's Kam Tong Restaurant - another place to go to for lobster noodles.

But it is always packed... so its probably a once in 6 months thing.

The Carphone Warehouse shop - the place I go to for my phones!

Ah... this one is much more familiar. The Bayswater Station - on the Circle Line.

I would take this station a lot to get to uni.

Four Seasons Restaurant - the ads on the glass says it all - the BEST roast duck in Europe!!!

Come here for its awesome roast duck!!!!! I was such a regular here that I could just walk in - and without ordering, my takeaway order of a roast duck rice would come within 5 mins... awesome isnt it???

Another place that I go to a lot for roast duck would be Magic Wok Restaurant.

Whenever Four Seasons is full - I would head over to Magic Wok for my roast duck fix!
BOOTS - my favourite pharmacy. I would say BOOTS is the best pharmacy possibly in the world, much better than those we get locally in Kuala Lumpur.

Whiteleys Shopping Centre - the local shopping centre in the area. You can watch your movies, eat some expensive food and much more here. Oh... there are always chances to spot the superstar celebrities here too... like Madonna and even Robbie Williams!!!

Much further down the road.... this used to house TGIF, which is 2 mins from my place.

I guess it closed down already.

Churreria Espanola - the place I go to for my weekly Sunday English breakfast... ahh yumyyyzzz...

Further up... is Ralph Court.

I used to stay here... wow.. those were the days...

The Porchester Centre - I used to come here to swim every once in awhile...

I earlier mentioned that there were 3 tube stations within its immediate vicinity...

I've showed you Queensway and Bayswater stations... here's the 3rd one...

Royal Oak Station!!!

There you go... a quick guide to what I used to do at Queensway in London. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment