Tuesday, May 17, 2011

A-Z of My Journey to Hong Kong Disneyland, the 5th Anniversary with loads of surprises!!!

During my recent trip to Hong Kong, one of the main places on my agenda, apart from Jordan's Australian Dairy Co., Wan Chai's steamboat and Prince Edward area for some pet accessories shopping - is the Disneyland Resort, Hong Kong. I had been to one other Disneyland before, which is the EuroDisney, the Disneyland at Paris. In fact, I've been there twice - and I believe in one thing, one can never get old or bored from Disneyland.

In Hong Kong, just like the EuroDisney, it is also easily accessible cos its connected to the Hong Kong MTR.

Watch the video below to get a rough idea of how to get there...


I stayed at the island this time, so I took the Island line and got off at Hong Kong / Central station. From there, I switched to Tung Chung line, and headed all the way to Sunny Bay station, the 2nd last station. From there, I switched again onto the Disneyland Express.... And voila! I'm at Disneyland Resort Hong Kong alreadyyy!!!

After a short walk, you'll be greeted with the entrance arch - Welcome to Disneyland Hong Kong!!! From here, there's another short stroll before you reach the entrance...

Here's my Disneyland tickets!!!

Some of the cool features here….. the Resort is blind-friendly; see the picture on the left? The signboard is in Braille…. What else? If you have plenty of bags or luggages, you can also store your luggages here… each piece for HKD60 only!!!

During entry, the security there will also check your bags, in case you are carrying anything dangerous or illegal. After you enter, make sure you stop by the little booth and grab some brochures/guides to the park!!!

Yayyyy I'm inside Disneyland already!!!

There are a lot of cool attractions and rides in here, but before that, let's walk through the street and get some merchandise first! There are many Disney merchandise stores in here, each with different themes and offerings...

There's more Mickey Mouse here!!!

Wahhh there’s just so much Disneyland merchandise to get!!!

Here is me with Mickey Mouse the main character for the 5th Anniversary Celebration of Hong Kong Disneyland.

Anyways, in case you're hungry, there are also plenty of restaurants and food outlets... For me, being in Hong Kong, of course must go for Chinese food lah... N in this case, I went for dim sum!!!!!

The Plaza Inn - its super packeeeddddd!!!

Ok this is not a food post, so I shall not elaborate too much on the food. The food here is pretty fancy... I mean, check out the Mickey shaped Dim Sums!!! Will do a more detailed food post about it soon!

Okay, done with lunch! What's next? AdventureLand!!!!!

Go on the Jungle River Cruise and get wet!!!!!!!

That is not all, after the cruise, also go and check out the Festival of the Lion King show at the Theatre in the WILD!!! =)

Next stop, the MAGIC KINGDOM and FantasyLand!!!

First stop, the Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh!!!

There are plenty of other rides in the FantasyLand – for both adults and kids. The kids can go on the Dumbo the Flying Elephant ride, the Cinderella Carousel, the Mad Hatter Tea Cups… ohh, the Mickey’s PhilharMagic feature is a MUST SEE too!!!! Stop by also at the Fantasy Gardens to snap some pictures with your favourite Disney character!!!!!

After the Magic Kingdom, head on over to TomorrowLand – and the first attraction – the STITCH ENCOUNTER!!!!

The attraction is a prime example of both real time animation and digital puppetry. Stitch Encounter consists of an unscripted, real-time conversation between park guests and the animated character Stitch.

A MUST SIT RIDE in Disneyland Resort Hong Kong is the SPACE MOUNTAIN rollercoaster!!!!

After a gruelling fast ride on the Space Mountain – then you need to go check out the Buzz LightyearAstro Blasters attractions!!! I’ve been to the one in Paris’ EuroDisney, liked it a lot, and this one in Hong Kong is just as good!!!!!!!

Then, it was time…. Yes, time for the Flights of Fantasy Parade!!!

The Flights of Fantasy Parade is an all new Disney Parade to celebrate Hong Kong Disneyland's 5th Anniversary this year 2011. Do watch my video above for parts of the parade…. =)


By night time, do wait up for the fireworks display at the Hong Kong Disneyland!

Watch my video above too – towards the end for the awesome fireworks display!!!

By then, it was time to go back already =( As I was walking out, I felt like I missed Disneyland already… anyways, I am glad that I got to relive my little bit of old Disneyland memories – right here at Hong Kong!!! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment